Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/oiler

Question
I was given an old Lombard AP 24 D - L
serial # 9030662-262-R4A
I have the saw running great but the oiler isn't working. Took the front plate off where I can see into the gas and oil chamber. I checked the filtered end of the oil line. I took it off and can suck but not blow. I'm assuming that is normal. The problem could be the lines aren't hooked up properly or the manual pump is good enough. I put my finger over the line that comes from the manual pump and I could barely any suction or blowing. What do you think...new pump. There is an adjustment knob on top and it turns both way without any issues. There is a larger line in the chamber that just loops from from nipple to another on the housing that goes to the clutch shaft. Here's how the lines are now connected. The line from the manual pump goes to a 3 way T...one of the lines goes from the T to the adjustment and the other goes to the oiler outlet to the bar. The adjustment has two nipple. One has the line with the filter on the end and as I said the other goes to the tee. It doesn't seem to make sense that the line from the pump goes to the Tee...Can you help me.
Thanks
Greg

Answer
Greg

When the saw is running WITHOUT the bar on - is the oil flowing out as in running out.. or is it squirting out getting oil all over everything??

Starting to sound like your oil pump isn't pumping with full pressure to get it onto the bar.

With the bar off, try placing your finger over the outlet hole while it's running - see if you can hold the oil in.  If you can, your pump may be getting weak or there may be something broken inside it.  

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

BEN