Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/snow blower carb repair

Question
QUESTION: Hello! wrote last spring about snow blower repair. Have an old Montgomery Ward (MTD) 3hp  Disassembled carb and put back together. Need a schematic if possible on the reattachment of throttle cable. Also forgot ? or cant figure out a part that I have to reassemble.  It has a spring that is connected to it and is reattached by one of the carb bolts to the snowblower . It is Model  MTD 313-180-088. The carb is 632410B.

ANSWER: Take a look at the link below, starting on page 30.

http://www.smallenginesuppliers.com/html/engine-specs/tecumseh/Tecumseh_L-Head_E

You have a Tecumseh engine.  What is the engine model, type and spec number?

If the link is not helpful you can use Google Images and search for Tecumseh carburetor linkage or governor linkage or diagram or schematic.  You will find lots of pictures.

Let me know if the link helps.
Eric

QUESTION: Eric  it is 2 cycle 3HP.  AH600-1627. Fixed speed.  On the carb plate it says   1006  H30. THanks. Hopefully this will give you more info.  On the throttle lever behind the choke their is only 1 hole on top( L shaped).  On the plate below their are 2 holes on the engine side of plate.  To be more specific does the adjustment lever with Governor spring secured  to the carb on the outside stud or engine side stud and does the throttle lever from engine connect on top of lever or on throttle plate.
Hopefully its correct but I have the adjustment lever secured on the outside stud with the governor spring in the top throttle  hole. And the engine lever connected to the first plate hole.

Answer
This link may be more helpful.  It is the service manual for your engine.

http://www.smallenginesuppliers.com/html/engine-specs/tecumseh/Tecumseh_2-Cycle_

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=265314

If you look real close at the L shaped part (throttle shaft) you will see a slight wear mark.  This could be a shiny spot inside a hole or the hole may not be perfectly round.  The hole with the wear mark is where the rod was located.  A flashlight may help to see the wear on the throttle shaft hole.

Does this help?
Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones