Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/stihl chainsaw

Question
Hi Ben,  Have a relatively new Stihl ms 250, 16" bar, chainsaw.  Has around 3 hrs on it and have taken it down to shop once and they said the plug was gapped wrong.  I got it back and it wouldn't start. It gets gas, I pulled the plug and it was wet.  I took the plug out and hooked it up to the plug wire and didn't see any spark on the plug.  Electrical is my downfall and believe it isn't getting spark.
couldn't find the seriel number but a sticker on the handle states: Engine family: BA8XS.0454RC D.O.M. 12:11  Displ: 45cc.  Says meets epa regulation for 2011.  Other number on tag is 1 A S. Tried a little starting fluid after drying the plug and still nothing.  Nice saw but no good if I can't get it started.

Answer
mike
sounds like you may have a switch problem.Try taking the switch out and see if it is good by doing a continuity test on it across the tabs. If that shows good then somewhere in the saw the magneto is grounding out or could be bad. To test the mag would be to remove the wires off the saw but keep them on  the magneto so if it does start you can stop it by touching it to ground the wire that is. Why didn't the shop look at it under a warranty review??Did you just buy this from somewhere? I see the date manufactured is 2011.But if purchased this later it may be covered.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

BEN