Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Tecumseh Engine

Question
While using my snowblower, the four bolts holding the engine to the chasis fell out and the engine came off.  Now after putting it back on (with much difficulty), when I try to turn the main shaft, it sticks and is hard to turn.  In addition, it will not start.  Not sure where to start to fix it? Do you think the shaft might have warped or damaged something inside the engine?

Answer
With the belts off of the engine does the engine turn over easily? Do you have oil in the engine? The symptoms you describe sound like a catastrophic failure in that the engine has perhaps locked up from lack of lubrication. The bolts falling out of the engine would have caused a vibration but it sounds like you have two different issues going on here. Try turning the engine over without any belts attached and let me know how it goes thank you

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

David R