Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Removing wheel

Question
I have a homelite 12/39 ridem mower.  Trying to remove the rear wheel to fix a flat tire.  I have removed the clip on the axle but the wheel doesn't want to come off.  I don't want to pound too hard and wreck anything.

Answer
You Tube video on removing a stuck on wheel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRcdxLx0O7o

You can drill a couple of holes near the center of the rim and use a puller.  Do NOT drill too high on the rim as you can drill a hole in the rim housing that will leak air.

Try the oil first...soak, soak and soak.  You can use a light hammer and punch and tap around the center of the wheel to help the oil soak into the axle/rim.  The vibration from the light tapping can help the penetrating oil break up the rust.

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones