Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Riding mower, new glitch

Question
I have a Scott's S2046 riding mower. The brake pedal must be depressed to start & still works fine.  But when I release the brake pedal, it dies immediately.  If it has not stopped turning over, it will restart if all I do is depress the brake pedal.  This is new. I has started fine for 12 years.  What can I do to fix this please?

Answer
Did you check the brake/clutch safety switch? It could be another safety switch actually causing the problem.  I would trace each wire to each switch, brake/clutch, seat, and blade engage switch.  Sometimes you just need to dis-connect and re-connect the switch connection as they can corrode.

If you are still having the problem the next step is to use a multimeter and check each switch to make sure they are working.  If they are working then you have a wire shorted to ground in one of the circuits.

Let me know what you find.
Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones