Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/snow carb.

Back again. Noticed on my carb (632341)from a previous individual who worked on it that its looks like he left the idle mixture screwj22f2 off. What does this do? Is this why it will periodically rev and then "down rev"? Does the 631029  carb kit include the parts including spring to fix it?

Are you sure the idle mixture screw is missing?  Usually the engine will not run as the fuel/air mix ratio will be way too rich.

The 631029 kit does contain a new fuel/air needle.

The surging could be caused by a missing fuel/air mixture screw but there could be dirt in the carb as well.

I would order the kit and clean the carb really well.  Did you download the service manual so you know how to install the inlet needles and inlet needle seat?

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology