Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/snow carb

Thank you Eric. You hit it right. If I would have added that fuel mix was 32:1  said on machine it might have been easier . It was an AH 600 according to the manual you sent.. Mentioned about carb rebuilt as you suggested. Trying to find carb kit(Number) for the 640098A(replace 6323410b) snowblower. The carb itself, of course, had to be one of the more expensive ones. Thanks.Dont want to take any more of your question space.

The main items you need are the inlet needle, seat and bowl gasket.  The part number is Tecumseh 631021B.

The repair kit can be found at the link below:

You may want to replace the brass float as they sometimes leak.  The new float may be plastic.  If you old carb has a spring on the float make sure you install it correctly.

I did not see the float spring in the repair manual but some carbs have them.  It will be noticable as the float retaining pin holds the spring in place.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology