Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/snowblower carb

Thanks for getting back to me. Somebody after all these years took the label off. Model 313-180-088.  There was a number, don't know the signification on the back of the engine 1627 3236.  The engine looks like the one in in diagram 4.(Sideways)  It has the long handle choke with the "star like" choke control at the end. Sorry, I couldnt find any more info. It is Tecumseh. Hopefully this will give you an idea.

I believe the engine is an AH600-1627

Tecumseh Carburetor 640098A (replaces 632341)

Take a look at this link and see if it is your carb:

Have you considered rebuilding the carb?

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology