Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/JDeere L110 17.5 Lawn mower

Question
My Brother in law has a John Deere L110 17.5 Lawn mower he has changed the drive belt on(maybe he did something wrong with that) , now the problems are it shuts off when you engage the blades or puts it in reverse...he wants to know if the rear end has a gear, or what is going on with the mower please advise...

Answer
Linda
There is a safety switch that engages when you sit on the seat check that also there are a few other safety switches that wont allow the tractor to run or start if the PTO is in gear so check that also. I would try the seat switch first to make sure it is connected,usually these do not go bad but they can.You can do a by-pass test by unplugging the switch under the seat and inserting a wire in the two pins.This is just a way of testing and not a permanent fix.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

BEN