Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/snow thrower parts

Question
Hello,

I have a snow thrower model no. 310-100A 20" two cycle snow flite.On the back of the manual it says MTD Products Inc. I spoke with them and they no longer carry the part. I am looking for part no. 05185 plastic direction vane assembly and 723-0285 winter fuel cap. I would appreciate any direction you can give me. I tried googling but got in too deep for me to figure out what to do next. Thank you.

Answer
Lots of sites the TC-410240 part number for the fuel cap.  The plastic direction vane assembly is going to be very difficult to find as the part is no longer available.

Have you called some of you local small engine repair shops and asked if they have any old used snowblowers or snowblower parts?  You may be able to find one that you can fit to your machine.

Eric  

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones