Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/deck blades not engaging

Question
QUESTION: i have a scotts L2548 and while cutting my grass my blades stopped running, when i looked under the mower i noticed a wire hanging down in front of the clutch. there is a plug in the front of the clutch and it has two wires in it and still plugged in to the clutch, this wire looks like it could be a ground wire that has pulled out from somewhere, it is a black wire and i cannot find where it would reattach to. my blades will not turn without this wire going somewhere is my guess.

ANSWER: Are there still 2 wires connected to the clutch?  Which side is the wire dis-connected?
Eric

QUESTION: there is a black one on one side and a white/yellow on the other side of the plug for the clutch. the loose wire is also black.

Answer
John Deere build your mower.  They are not very open to sharing informaion...aka, no free online wiring diagram.  The link below has some pics of the clutch.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/general-lawn-garden/149403-elecrtic-power-tak

The black wire has to be ground...universal standard for ground.  Can you attach a picture of the loose wire?

The wire must connect to something near the area.  How much slack is in the dis-connected wire?

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones