Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/late 70's-early 80's 8hp Briggs mod.190412

Question
guy said it just died one day. can't get it to run. fires when fully choked and gas comes out of the carb. new kit,new coil,new points,good spark,seems to be not enuf gas too the cylander. sprayed starting fluid on both sides of the crank with nothing. cleaned valve seats good with carb cleaner and soft brush. any ideas?

Answer
Bad float?  Compression?

http://www.briggsandstratton.com/support/frequently-asked-questions/Compression%

A good rule of thumb for Briggs compression it to quickly rotate the flywheel backwards and see if the flywheel bounces or snaps back to the correct direction during the rotation.

What are the vavle gaps?  Is the flywheel key sheared?  What is the point gap?

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones