Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/NO FIRE TO NEW GX390

Question
I just put a new Honda GX390 OHV horizontal shaft engine in a golf cart.  The engine has never been started.  I left everything factory, except I extended the ignition wires so the switch could be dash mounted.  The engine turns over fine, but I have no fire to the plug.  All the wires match up and seem to be secure.  Does the ignition switch body need to be grounded?  This is a brand new engine and I did not want to screw with the warranty so I left everything like I said, factory.  Thanks for any help in advance.

Answer
Dale

Seems like one of the wires is already grounding out the ignition remove any wires that go to your shut off on the side of the engine you may see a bunch or wires going to various components what these do is provide the gas solenoid to shut off when not running so as not to flood the engine.Changing wires will not affect the warranty at all. After you get the engine started then one at a time you can ground each wire to the engine frame to see which one shuts off the engine.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

BEN