Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/kohler engines

Question
QUESTION: while cutting my grass my craftsman zrt 0 turn stopped running and will not even crank over. it is froze wil not free wheel to cycle at all

ANSWER: Did you remove the spark plug(s) and try to see if the starter will spin the engine?  Can you spin/rotate the engine by hand with the spark plug(s) removed?

What is the Kohler engine model and spec number?

You can download the service manual for free from Kohler's website.  

Eric

QUESTION: started tearing down engine. the engine would not turn by hand in the proper direction. But after trying to reverse motor by hand it did turn over and even crank. there is no compression at all. so I am going to continue to tear down and see what all broke

Answer
Did you download the service manual?  One trick to see if the piston is moving, without removing the head, is to use a drinking straw and insert in the spark plug hole.  You will be able to feel the piston move as it contacts and moves the straw.

Let me know what you find.
Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones