Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Sears Riding Lawnmower is dead

Question
I pulled the gas tank on my Sears rider with 15.5 Kohler engine and started to shop vac the old built up grass.  As I was doing that, I got shocked several times and could feel the electricity as my arm got close to a metal part like the hood.  When I went to start - nothing, completely dead.  Wont take a jump either.  Thoughts?

Answer
Is the fuse blown?  Is the battery charged?  I would check the positive battery cable to make sure it is not cut or the insulation is not wore through.  The mower should not shock you at all unless there is a positive cable with voltage on it shorting to the mowers metal chasis.

Let me know if the fuse is blown.
Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones