Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Wheel Horse 14-38 HXL Model 71193

Question
Greetings Eric,
General question:
I have a $50 deposit on an $700 used Toro wheel house from my local toro dealer and am set to pick it up at 10 AM 5/18. They took it in on trade. Looks clean, they said the belt "slipped off" while testing and offer to replace it if I have any problems.
I can't find anything on web on "common problems" or things good or bad about this model.
Can you share any words of advice or caution.
Thinks to look for or ask about?
Thanks
Roy
Cincinnati OH

Answer
Decent mower.  The only weak part it may have is the hydro transmission.  Do you know if it has the Peerless or Hydro-Gear transmission?

On a mower that old you should expect the deck bearing to be wore but they can be replaced pretty cheap if you do the work yourself.

The best part is you can download all the Service Manuals from Toro's website...for free!  Toro owns and makes Wheel Horse.

Let me know what transmission it has.
Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones