Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Broke off dipstick

Question
I have a mower with a Kohler model SV590-0017 engine.  I went to change the oil the other day and broke off the dipstick.  I have taken the top off of the engine and retrieved the broken portion and re-assembled.  Now the engine will not start.  I have spark, compression and checked the carb for crud but was all clean.  What the hey have I bummed up?  Help!

Answer
Are you positive you have spark?  If you remove the air cleaner and prime the engine with gas through the carburetor will the engine start?  I use a small, plastic ketchup bottle with just a little gas in it for priming.

Does the carburetor have any wires connected to it?

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones