Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/engine wont start

Question
hello have a question for you. i have a craftsman lawn mower. when you try to start it , it goes 3/4 turn and stops. have to help it turn more. the model is a 42e707, type is 1631 01, and code is 9705235a. any help with this would be great. it was given to me and grass is a foot tall right now. thank you for your help

Answer
Flywheel
Flywheel  
Neil
Sounds like it is out of timing what you need to do is access the flywheel and see if the key way is lined up with the engine shaft.

Try this youtube video it may help you it may not be your exact mower but it may help you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4aFXHwxuhs

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

BEN