Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Fast-Running Snowblower

Question
Throttle linkage-Loose
Throttle linkage-Loose  

Throttle Linkage-Tight
Throttle Linkage-Tight  
I have an Arien's snow blower with a Tecumseh engine. This snow blower is approximately 33 years old and originally had a problem where the snow blower would start up fine, run for a while, then conk out. I took the snow blower in to my Small Engines class to see what the teacher thought, and he said that the problem was in the carburetor. The carburetor was completely disassembled, soaked with carburetor cleaner, and rebuilt. When I brought it home, I started up the engine. The engine sounded extremely loud and sounded like it was going to explode! When I examined the carburetor, I noticed that the throttle linkage is too loose when it is set to SLOW, and way too tight when it is on FAST. I am completely unsure of what is the problem. Can a missing gasket also cause this problem? I need an answer. H6075361J. SER:3226R. It is a Wisconsin-made Arien's snow blower with a Tecumseh Engine. First picture is the throttle linkage is too loose, and the second picture is the throttle linkage too tight

Answer
Michael

a loose or bad gasket will cause the engine to run lean (if your talking about the carb gasket)the gasket will allow too much air in and it will run lean meaning to much air not enough fuel only. It will run rough seems to me you need a new spring for the linkage also you may have to test putting in the linkage holes.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

BEN