Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/John Deere x360

Question
hello there.........i have a john deere x360 riding mower that ran great then all of a sudden it just died. (gas is filled, plugs are good, new battery). When the brake pedal is released the mower dies. It idles great when the brake pedal is engaged but as soon as you lift your foot off the pedal it dies out. Any suggestions? The John Deere dealership in our little town doesn't know anything. That's why they have a sign out front that says "Now Hiring Knowledgeable Technicians".

Thank you, Sandra

Answer
sandra
Wow the dealership can not tell you how to fix this simple problem..There is a safety switch by the brake pedal and one under the seat that makes sure if you get off the mower while it is running it will shut the engine off to prevent injury. I would check both what you can do is by-pass the switch by the brake pedal with a short piece of wire by inserting the wire in the socket what you are doing is completing the circuit if this fixes it then get a new switch if it does not try the one for the seat if that does not fix it you may have a bad wire which involves a lot of trouble shooting. I don't know how mechanically inclined you are so you may have to take it to a small engine repair shop other than the JD Store

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

BEN