Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Kohler 27 HP - Toro zero turn - vibration

Question
I have a 62" Toro commerical zerto turn mower, which has developed a vibration / grinding like noise from the forward output shaft area.  If I take the hyraulics belt off, the noise goes away.  I have checked everything related to the hydraulics, pumps, idler pulley, you name it, nothing seems out of place, or bad.  

This engine has a bolt on flanged front output shaft.  I pulled the rotating brush cover off this, and checked it thinking a bolt might have broken, nothing wrong there.  

Could the stress of the belt being on the motor shaft somehow strain the front bearing on the motor enough to make this noise, yet, when the belt is off, it could run quiet ?

One other thing, I started using non-ethanol fuel just before this started. I doubt this is the issue, but just asking if a better fuel could create this noise in the motor somehow?

Service shop is out two weeks, and I don't want to tear it up cutting, but the grass is growing fast.

Thanks

Wayne

Answer
The stress of the belt could cause the noise but the engine would have to be really, really wore for this to happen.

Are the engine mounting bolts tight?  I would check all the bolts, nuts, screws in the affected area as I have often found loose fasteners cause noise, vibrating and even no shift/difficult to shift trans problems.

How work is the belt?  A oddly wore belt can also cause vibration.

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones