Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Tecumseh Model OV358EA Spec 206940G 13.5 hp cylinder head torque specs

I'm replacing the cylinder head gasket and I'm having trouble finding the torque specs, I would like to find the torque specs for the cylinder head and the overhead bolts but I'm having trouble find them. I was wondering if you would be able to help me I've been at this for two hours and I don't know all the names so it makes finding everything difficult.

See this link:

Page 86 states all OHV headbolts are torqued to 230 in. lbs. (19 ft. lbs.)

Is the engine about a 13 hp?

I suspect the 230 in. lbs. is correct as Tecumseh engines often have the same specs.  For example, all L-head eninges headbolt torque was 200 in. lbs. and valve clearance was .008 in for almost all L-head aluminum engines.

What size (diameter) are the bolts?

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology