Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/B & S 195700 Series shaft

I have a B & S model 195707 4019 01. It's currently on a 1972 Huffy riding mower frame (missing deck and most of the other parts# I'm wondering if it's possible #and economically feasible) to change out the shaft to a standard lawn mower shaft, so I can use it on a push mower frame. If not, can the pulley on the shaft be changed out to a standard one that a blade will bolt to?

I appreciate your time and expertise.

What is the diameter of the crankshaft? 1 inch/25mm?  If so, then you can find a new blade adapter.  Should be pretty easy to find a 25mm/1 inch adapter.

If the shaft is larger than 1 inch then the answer is no...I've never seen a push mower style blade adapter larger than 1 inch but you may be able to machine a 1 inch adapter to fit a slightly larger shaft.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology