Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/BC24W Weed Eater

Question
Hi. I experienced a problem with my weed eater. Model BC24W Weed Eater. While using,it died. I found that the fuel lines had rotted and broke. I replaced them and the primer bulb. It wouldn't start. I put new carb gaskets, pump diaphram, and metering diaphram in it..still no start. I was careful about seal around fuel lines into gas tank. I get a swoosh of air when I crack the cap. I had replaced that as well as a new fuel pickup. I thought maybe there was something inside the carb I couldn't get to, so I bought a new one. Still won't start. I did a compression test and got 100psi. I even got a float guage when rebuilding old carb. I have new carb to adapter gasket too. New c'case gasket on the back. I've checked everything I can think of to no avail. Can you help me?

Answer
John
Sounds like you have done more than enough, a common problem is when removing fuel lines and reinstalling them they may get installed wrong meaning the suction and the pressure lines make sue that the line from the primer bulb is the one that goes to the carburetor and the other line goes to the fuel tank.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

BEN