Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/briggs and stratton lawn mower

Question
QUESTION: Hello,
Turned my mower at an angle to clean the underside.  The following day went to start it and am having difficulty getting it to run.   Made sure there was enough gas, checked the oil, checked the spark plug, pushed the primer button 3X and the mower will turn over but shuts down right away. Have tried priming it numerous times and it will kick over but quits right away.
I now realize I shouldn't have tipped it to degrass it but not sure what to do now?
Thanks in advance for some help.
Margaret

ANSWER: What is the engine model, type and code number?  I need the information so I can look up which carburetor you have.

Eric

QUESTION: Thank you for your quick reply. The model# 11A A54E029 (407-875).
Type is the 500 Series (D16800 AC).

Tried starting it again this morning by priming, it did turn over but quit instantly.

Answer
Thanks for the mower model number.  Can you send me the engine information as well.  This link will help you locate your engine model, type and code number:

http://www.briggsandstratton.com/us/en/support/faqs/how-do-i-identify-a-briggs-a

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones