Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/fire

I have a toro wheel horse 14hp mower.was mowing and was not charging battery, would re charge after mowing and doing good, then no start, got no fire to plug, later it would run.stopped again,no fire,bought a new ing coiland still no fire, what could it be? thanks in advance

Sounds as if you have a issue with a safety switch. Even the ignition switch itself . To determine if your coil is ok remove the small wire on it, that bypasses the safety's keeping in mind with it off you'll have to stop the engine by removing the spark plug wire during testing. If the spark returns, your ignition switch or a safety switch is to blame. Then you must determine which one by eliminating them one at a time.  Tom

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Tom Adinolfi

Can, and will, answer most questions pertaining to small engine repair, and service. But PLEASE furnish me with the proper Model numbers, and types to assure me to be able to answer your questions the most accurately as possible. If the problem is dealing with the frame, drive, or deck portion I need the manufactures numbers, if it is the engine itself, I need it's make and model numbers, rather than the frame's. Tom

Briggs & Stratton authorized dealer owned repair shop in Dayton, Ohio. 20+ years in small engine repair. and service. Experienced in most makes, and models. Factory schooled in Briggs & Stratton. Honda, MTD, Troybilt, Craftsman, Toro, Tecumseh, Kohler, and Kawasaki experienced. Keep in mind we do this for nothing more than ratings, please be thoughtful with them, and fair. We take great time to try, and help, please be as kind when rating us........Tom