Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Model#135232 type 1317e1 won't start

I bought a go kart with a B&S motor for $100, it was said that all it needed was a clutch and new pull start. I've been trying to start the kart by manually wrapping the rope. That being said, I replaced the carb and the magneto with brand new B&S parts, compression seems good as it blows my finger off the plug hole when I pull the rope. It doesn't even try to start as much as I pull, I've tried starter fluid as well. I'm at a loss at this point. Any help would be appreciated!

Do you have spark?  

Since you have the starter shroud off quickly spin the flywheel backwards.  WATCH YOUR FINGERS!!!   The compression should snap the flywheel forward, the correct engine rotation, if the compression is sufficient for the engine to run.

Do you have a new starter clutch so you can stop wrapping the rope?

Did you spray starter fluid directly into the spark plug hole or into the carburetor?

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology