Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Mower bladess wont engage

Question
QUESTION: Have Craftsman 26" self propel walk behind mower, just replace belts, and bladed still do no engage?

ANSWER: What is the mower model number?  The mower model number is located on a sticker, about the size of a business card, stuck somewhere on the mower, usually down on the mower frame/deck.

Let me know the mower model number so I can look up your mower.
Eric

QUESTION: Very sorry for just checking. The model number is 536.885600

Thank you so much!

Answer
Did you download the manual?

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Craftsman-Parts/Walk-behi

Page 17 describes how to adjust the blade drive system and page 18 covers replacing the belt(s).

Read the manual and make sure the belt(s) are properly installed and the blade drive system is adjusted per the manual.

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones