Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/old craftsman snow thrower

I have an old model 536918501 Craftsman 32 in. snow thrower and I need a brass bearing that has a key notch on it. Nothing on sears The bearing is part of the gear box assembly. This bearing goes on the shaft and it has two bearings. I need the shorter front bearing. Do you know where I can get one?

Thank you,

You have a Murray made snow blower...I can tell by the parts numbers.  Unfortunately Murray went out of business several years ago and parts can be hard to find for older machines.

IPL = Illustrated Parts List

IPL 31:  Bearing PART NUMBER: 48210
IPL 52:  Rotor bearing PART NUMBER: 26080
IPL 64:  Bearing PART NUMBER: 48274
IPL 66:  Flat roller bearin...PART NUMBER: 32397 Substitution: 50684MA
IPL 70:  Bearing PART NUMBER: 48273
IPL 72:  Auger gear case PART NUMBER: 48265  Substitution: 784039MA Learn why
IPL 78:  Ms case w/br PART NUMBER: 48266 Substitution: 784040MA

The parts lists does not have a very good picture of the parts so I'm not sure which bearing you need. If you can't get a bearing from Murray I would try your local bearing supply shop and see if they have a bearing or one similar that could be machined to fit.  

Can you attach a picture of the bearing you need?

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology