Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/repower

Question
I am restoring a 1970 model sears ss12 with a Tecumseh engine, model 141-602022,and I would like to know what would be a good engine to replace this with.  I wouldn't mind a diesel or a little more horsepower. This tractor will be ground engaging.

Answer
scott
What you need to do is get the model and serial and the other numbers of the old motor.
then search the web for replacement engines one reason is because the old engine has certain features like the stator output the rpm's bolt patterns and other things.  

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

BEN