Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Steiner ZTM325 w/ Kohler CH25QS

Question
Hi, thanks, I really appreciate your help! I have a Steiner ZTM325 w/ Kohler CH25QS 68571.  I am trying to replace the spark plug wire/modules but I can't figure out how to get to them.  The cowling(?) on the front of the engine seems trapped at the bottom somewhere.  I've removed most of the tin from the engine, oil cooler, fuel pump, front engine firewall.  I can pry up the cowl enough to just barely see under, but can't get it away far enough to remove the modules.  Also, how do the modules attach?  I don't see screws, but I don't have a very good view either.  Any help is appreciated.

Answer
The modules are held in place with 2 screws/bolts.

I looked in the service manual and does not say anything special about removing the schroud.

http://www.kohlerengines.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/sm_24_690_06.pdf

Are you sure all the bolts/screws are removed?  Sometimes the shroud is connected to other sheet metal or plastic pieces with dimples or retaining points.  Are you sure the schroud is not hitting another parts causing it to bind when removing?  This is very common on many engines.

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones