Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/B&S Carburetor

Question
A friend has a pressure washer with a B&S engine. It was not run for three years and would not start. I figured it had "varnished". I cleaned the tank and carb. (which did have varnish) and replaced the needle valve and seal in the carb. It started right up but did not run right - when the load was removed (pressure washer trigger released) the engine stalled.  I took the carb out and found that the seal was not seated. I got it properly seated.  This time it ran great. We used it for about 20 minutes when it stopped and would not start. It will run if gas is sprayed directly into the throat of the carb. There are no adjusting screws. There is a bolt that holds the gas bowl to the carb. This bolt has a tiny hole at the thread end (bottom) and two tiny holes 180 deg. apart on the sides between the threads and the bolt head. There is a "U" etched into the head of the bolt. It looks like gas has to go through the side holes to the end hole to get to the engine. All thee holes are clean as is the needle valve opening.  The bowl does fill with gas. Is there an adjustment on the bowl bolt (with the "U")?  If not, what else could it be?  Thank you.

Answer
No adjustments.  There is a clogged passage/orifice in the carb.  Remove and dis-assemble carb again.  Blower compressed air from an air compressor through the carb orifices.  Re-assemble and re-install.  You might want to use some strong carb cleaner, Berryman or Valvoline, to help clean the carb.

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones