Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Cub Cadet follow-up that you requested

You asked to let you know what happened.
I soaked the carb overnight.  Still no success.  I got a new carb and all is well.  
Thanks for your help.
Q: Model 12A-18MC056 runs badly with the choke off (pushed in). When starting and the choke pulled ...
A: Have you tried cleaning the carburetor? We have had some trouble with this engine, the carburetor. ...

Thanks for the update.  We are starting to see some Briggs engines where cleaning the carb is not fixing the problem.  Certain models, the newer ones with the square carb often require a complete new carb to fix them.  Very frustrating but as least the carbs are fairly cheap.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology