Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/My earlier question

Question
I am going to give you a link to a site where the model number I am seeking was listed for an auction.  So I am sure the model number is correct.

http://www.purplewave.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?080623A/4660

Bill

Answer
Was this you first question?

Subject:

briggs&Straton 875 series riding lawn

Question:

QUESTION: To whom it may concern:

I mowed the front yard.. Turned it off for about 20 min.. Tried to start it> backfired once and still did not turn over... I Did not hit anything, ... I cleaned the spark plug checked all wiring fuses.. still nothing, do you have any recommendations?  Its about a 2 year lawn mower maybe used it 25/35 times.

If so, you need to verify you have spark as a safety switch may be prevening spark.  Another test you can use to test/verify spark is to remove the air filter and prime the engine with fresh gas to see if it will start.  I use a small bottle, a cheap ketchup bottle with a tapered tip, as a priming bottle.  Just fill will a little bit of fresh gas then squirt directly into the carb and see if the engine will start.  This will tell you if you have a fuel or spark problem.

Let me know what happens when you try to start by priming the engine.
Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones