Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/honda gx160 engine

Question
QUESTION: Eric I have a hs624k1ta snowblower from Honda, there is oil leak under gas tank coming from governor aperture, the oil is coming up through top where governor connects to arm, I looked at schematic of engine, yet there is no bushing, o ring ect ect in any diagram, what would cause the pressure to force oil from the top of that unit, I'm baffled, thank you in advance bill

ANSWER: What weight of oil are you using?  SAE10-30?

Is there a crankcase vaccum leak?  Sometimes the dipstick o-ring does not seal causing a loss of engine vaccum.

Do you have a vaccum gauge to check the vacuum?

Eric

QUESTION: Eric I am using 5w-30, I do not have a vacuum gauge, but the dipstick  threads was stripped a bit, could it be a clogged breather tube from ohv cover, or bad ohv cover. thanks again in advance

Answer
I have read many responses about clogged breathers but have not had too many issues with breathers.  However, I always clean them and make sure they are functioning so this may be a preventative measure that is actually working.

I would clean the breather and make sure it is functioning just to be safe.  Several years ago Briggs had and issue with dipsticks leaking preventing the engine from maintaining a vaccum.  

Goolge "small engine vaccum" for You Tube videos and you will find a few videos on checking vacuum.

Let me know if you find a vaccum problem.
FYI, you should not have any issues using SAE5-30W oil...this is the most common recommend oil weight for 4 cycle snowblowers.
Eric  

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones