Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/honda gxv530 exa2

Question
wont start , cranks w/no problem, no spark. changed plugs, disconnected stop diode.  Oil level OK, good fuel.  Smell of gas while cranking, too much fuel?

Answer
Tom
Since you said there was no spark have you checked the coil? There is a small coil on the engine try to see if you have spark coming from the coil spark plug wire if you do then change the plug,if you don't then change the coil.To check the coil out put you may need to get a tester or have someone hold the plug wire against the engine to see if you see any kind of spark.
WARNING YOU WILL HAVE TO USE SOME SORT OF INSULATED TOOL TO HOLD THE PLUG AGAINST THE ENGINE OR ELSE SOMEONE WILL GET A PRETTY GOOD JOLT!!

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

BEN