Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Oil change
How do I change the oil. John Deere 14SBs
1. Run engine to warm the oil.
2. Park the vehicle safely. (See Parking Safely in your SAFETY section manual.)
3. Raise and secure cargo box.
4. Place drain pan under engine.
5. Drain oil:
TO CHANGE ENGINE OIL FROM THE BOTTOM:
1. Stop engine and disconnect spark plug wire.
2. Raise cutting height adjustment levers (A) to the highest cutting position. (See Adjusting Cutting Height in the Operating section.) Elevate entire mower an additional 102 mm - 203mm (4-8 in.) using wooden blocks or bricks.
3. Place a drain pan under the mower.
4. Remove drain plug (B) from underside of mower using a 3/8 in. square drive.
5. After oil has drained, clean and install drain plug.
6. Turn oil dipstick 1/4 turn to the left. Remove dipstick.
7. Add approximately 0.47 L (16 oz) oil through the dipstick filler tube.
8. Install dipstick. Turn dipstick 1/4 turn right to tighten.
9. Remove dipstick. Check oil level. Add oil to FULL mark if necessary.
10. Install and tighten dipstick.
11. Lower mower.
12. Return cutting height adjustment levers to a desirable cutting height.
13. Connect spark plug wire.