Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/110 cc buggy not working

Question
QUESTION: I have an 110 ccc auto buggy and it's starts fine and accelerates at low speed but when you  try to get more speed the engine shuts off

ANSWER: Will the engine continue to run if you release the accelerator?  Does it sould like it is running out of gas or something else?

Eric

QUESTION: Yes the engine will continue to run if you release the accelerator

ANSWER: Since it will run when you release the accelerator it is a pretty good assumption the ignition system is functioning...I've only see one case where the ignition module prevented the engine from accelerating.

With that said, I'd start by cleaning the carburetor.  Most all carbs have different passages (circuits) for high and low speed operation.  It sounds like something may be preventing the high speed circuit from delivering enough fuel.

Before removing, dis-assembling and cleaning the carb, have you bought a new spark plug and replaced the old one?

Do you know what brand of engine is on the buggy?  Is the carburetor metal or plastic?

Eric

QUESTION: Yes we have bought a new spark plug, the engine is some Chinese brand and the carb is metal

Answer
I was assuming the engine is the Chinese version of the older "Honda" engine.  Based on what we have discussed so far the next step I'd take is removing and cleaning the carb.

Removing is pretty straight forward...you do NOT have to loosen any governor parts as the carb link rods can be removed just by turning/maneuvering the carb.

I'd use an air compressor and blow air through all the carb holes.  Use lower pressure when blowing air through the carb fuel nipple area so you don't blow the inlet needle seat out of the carb.  For the rest of the carb holes use about 60-70 PSI...not critical but just don't use 150 PSI for cleaning the carb.

Take several pictures are  you are removing parts so you know how the linkages and connection are routed/connected.

Let me know if cleaning the carb helps.
Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones