Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Craftsman Edger # 536772100

Question
QUESTION: Hello Eric  ... Thank for your previous help but now I have another machine with issues ... It is the Craftsman Edger Model # 536 772100    ... 3 1\2  HP
Engine model # 143.993502
Family # wtpxs . 1631ba
Dis  163
Dom. 9145k
I can get it started but the motor runs very uneven ... I took the carb apart and the float seems to have corrosion on it  ... I tried sanding it down & cleaning it best I could , put it back together and got the same results ... I assume that I need a new float and needle valve but I wanted your take on this ... What do you think .... Thanks Eric

Bill

ANSWER: URL to your carburetor parts list:

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/CRAFTSMAN-Parts/All-Produ

I agree...the carb is the issue.  Common parts we replace when rebuilding:

Inlet needle/seat, Tecumseh 631021B
Nozzle o-rings, Tecumseh 632547...you need 2 of these
Primber bulb, Tecumseh 36045A
Float, Tecumseh 632019A
Nozzle, Tecumseh 632735

If you are careful when removing the old nozzle you can re-use it.  The upper nozzle o-ring can sometimes be difficult to remove but you have to remove it in order to replace.

Engine repair manual URL:
http://www.smallenginesuppliers.com/html/engine-specs/tecumseh/Tecumseh_L-Head_E

Read the section on installing the inlet needle seat.

Make sure you use an air compressor to blow air through all the carburetor holes to make sure they are clean.

Let me know if this helps.
Eric

QUESTION: Hello once again Eric ... I am wondering if the complete carb for the ES 210 is available ... The throttle lever is broken off partially although I can still control it as long as I am wearing gloves so I don't cut my finger ... If so can you please supply me with the part # and a link to instructions on how to replace the whole carb assembly ... Thanks once more

Billy Ammo
Ammo's Lawn Care
Deltona FL 32738

Answer
New carb is a Tecumseh 640262A

Amazon URL:

http://www.amazon.com/Tecumseh-640262A-Carburetor/dp/B0074BMUE2

To replace just remove the air filter, loosen the 2 screws holding carb to manifold and remove.  Disconnect fuel line and breather tube hose.  Just manuever the carb to dis-connect the throttle link rod.

NOTE...MARK the hole the throttle link rod connects goes in BEFORE removing car.

Take some pictures as well.

Pretty straight forward job.
Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones