Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/GX 620 Carb

I have a GX 620 motor on my generator. It will not run or start. It does run when I spray starter fluid into the intake. I have removed and cleaned the carb and still have the same issue. Your thoughts

Have you made sure the intake insulator and associated gaskets between the carb and the engine are not leaking?  If the gaskets are sealing and the insulator is not warped then the problem must still be in the carb.

Did you use air from an air compressor to blow through all the carb holes?  Did you spray carb cleaner through all the carb holes to make sure the passages are open?  You can usually see the carb clean squirt out of the carb passages...wear safety glasses!  

FYI, I have had to clean some carbs a few times before I got them to work.

Let me if you find an intake/air leak.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology