Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/RX75 Carb

Question
It would not let me ask a follow up question but I cleaned the carb again and it is still happening. I decided to spray carb clean around the carb by the gaskets and when I do it runs fine. Could it be a vacuum leak possibly.

Answer
Yes, an air or vaccum leak.  If my memory serves me right there is a brownish piece of plastic between the carb and engine.  It is an insulator to reduce heat transfer and there are 2 gasket, one on each side.  It is possible a gasket it leaking or the insulator is warped.

If you don't have new gaskets you can make some or you can try something like Permatex number 2 non-harding.  The Permatex will work for a while but odds are heat and vibration over time will cause the non-harding type to squish or wiggle out.

You can buy gasket making material at many auto parts stores.  Not too difficult to make but it takes some practice, patients, and time.

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones