Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Atlas Tiller

I have inherited an old tiller.  It was made by the Atlas Power Equipment Company in Harvard Illinois.  The model number is A1650-L; Date Code 35L; Sequence NO. 32L; Service Number 522458

For some reason we cannot get the tiller to start.  It has gas and oil.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Do you have spark?  Atlas was old 25 years they are antiques.

If you have a Briggs engine, send me the code number and I should be able to tell what year it was made.

Make sure you check the GEAR OIL!!!  That old of a machine has a tendency to leak out all the gear oil in the tine gear box.

Let me know if you have spark and send me the code number off the engine.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology