Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Homelike pressure washer

Question
To crank the unit, the water must be on and you must squeeze the handle on the sprayer and allow water to flow thru the pump while you crank it.  When I connect the hose, turn on the water, and squeeze the handle, no water goes thru the unit. It's like something internally in the pump assembly is frozen shut and will not allow water to flow thru the machine. Any idea on the problem and the fix.

Answer
The link below provides a good description of the unloader valve along with some troubleshooting points.

http://www.epowerwash.com/wp/archives/631

I would start by dis-connecting the high pressure hose and wand.  Clean both the hose and wand with compressed air to make sure there is no dirt/debris in the wand.  We fix a lot of pressure washers by cleaning the hose/wand or by replacing the wand.

If you remove the hose, will the engine start easy?

Eric  

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones