Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Honda gx120

Question
QUESTION: Hi I was hopping you could help me the Honda gx120 engine has gone solid on my wackier plate I can't even move the cord at all I have tried it with the plug out and I also took cover off and turned it with a socket it turn then goes solid again  thank you

ANSWER: Are you sure there is no external parts that are causing the engine not to rotate?  Is there a clutch or other part connected to the crankshaft output shaft that is preventing the engine from rotating?

Eric

QUESTION: Hi Eric
Thank you for your reply there are no obviouse bit sticking in the engine from the out side that I can see but I will have another good look around and see but I can't move the pull cord. At all it's almost like some thing is stuck or ceased the problem is I lent it to a friend and that's how he returned it so I am not too sure what even caused the problem
Kind regards
Brian

Answer
With the spark plug out, and you can't move the cord, it does sound like it may be seized.

However, to be absolutely sure we always make sure there are no external parts preventing the engine from spinning before we start to look inside.

Can you turn the engine in either direction with the socket?

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones