Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Oil leaking from the oil Seal on a Honda GCV 160

Hi How do you change the Oil seal on a Honda GCV160 over head cam? I have a Husky 2600 power washer model # HU80722. The unit never leaked oil from the shaft till i replaced the pump. When i changed the pump water came out but had no pressure. I did some research and noticed the key on the shaft had been pushed up into the oil seal. (just a slightly) I corrected the key on the shaft, replaced the pump and the machine worked great. The next day i noticed at lot of oil on the floor, i took the pump off and could see oil was dripping from oil seal around the shaft. I bought a new oil seal (Honda 92303-ZL8-003), but I'm not sure how to remove the old seal and put the new one on.

Watch these videos:

Make sure you note how far the original is inside the housing, flush or inside just a little.

Run and test the need for the pump to be on the engine to test run the engine.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology