Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/PTO wiring on Craftsman PGT9000

Is there a removable wiring connector on the PTO?  The wires broke 1/4" from the PTO and I would like to reconnect.  The wire stubs go into a plastic connector that fits into the PTO housing.  If I could get the connector off or replace it I could reconnect.

The connector looks like it might pop out.

(In case you are wondering, they tore because I started it without the PTO belt guard, which also keeps the PTO housing from spinning, in the right place and the whole PTO spun and broke the wires.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Some styles are replaceable, some are not.  It looks like the current part number has a replaceable harness.

You will just have to remove the clutch or jack up the mower to inspect the connector to see if it is will be obvious if it is removable.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology