Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Leaf blower,vacuum

QUESTION: My leaf blower starts, but it will run only in the (almost) choke position. Moving the lever towards the run position cuts it off.

ANSWER: Is the air filter clean?  Is the spark plug new?  Did you try adjusting the carburetor just a little...turn the adjustment needles out a 1/8 to 1/4 turn.

What brand of blower do you have?  What is the model number?

Let me know.

QUESTION: Ryobi  RY09055B. There are 2 needles, but they take a special tool; like a square nut driver. I figure (hope) that could be the problem...I hope Sears has the tool I need!

Those carb adjusting tools are very special tools so Sears is not likely to have them.  They use the special heads so owner's can not mess with the settings but we find lots of those units that require a slight adjustment as the age.

Check Amazon as the special tools can be found from several sellers.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology