Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/oil contaminated with gasoline

Question
Hi Eric, recently I noticed that my snow blower leaks oil and gasoline and oil comes through the exhaust.  I also noticed that the oil is mixed/contaminated with gasoline. The fuel tank remains full when not operating.
Any solution for this? please
Thanks

Answer
Most likely the carburetor inlet needle either leaked at some point allowing gas to fill up the carb and then enter the engine.  This is a very common problem.

Replacing the carburetor inlet needle and seat is a very common procedure to resolve the problem.
An alternate repair, if you have room, it to install an inline fuel shut-off valve...this will ensure no gasoline enters the engine crankcase...as long as you shut the valve off after using the blower.  It it also a much cheaper option and can be done at home with basic tools.

Regardless, you need to drain the oil engine oil and refill with new oil.  You might want to drain, fill run the blower and repeat a couple of times to get all the old gas/oil out of the engine.

What brand of engine is on the blower?

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones