Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/oil contaminated with gasoline

Hi Eric, recently I noticed that my snow blower leaks oil and gasoline and oil comes through the exhaust.  I also noticed that the oil is mixed/contaminated with gasoline. The fuel tank remains full when not operating.
Any solution for this? please

Most likely the carburetor inlet needle either leaked at some point allowing gas to fill up the carb and then enter the engine.  This is a very common problem.

Replacing the carburetor inlet needle and seat is a very common procedure to resolve the problem.
An alternate repair, if you have room, it to install an inline fuel shut-off valve...this will ensure no gasoline enters the engine long as you shut the valve off after using the blower.  It it also a much cheaper option and can be done at home with basic tools.

Regardless, you need to drain the oil engine oil and refill with new oil.  You might want to drain, fill run the blower and repeat a couple of times to get all the old gas/oil out of the engine.

What brand of engine is on the blower?

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology