Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/rebuilding snow thrower carberator

I have a Sears model 536.881851 that has hardly been used. When I run it.....after about 20 minutes it stalls. I have been told I need a carberator rebuild kit and have purchased one. Problem is I have no idea how to install it. Help !!!!

Do you have a Briggs and Stratton engine or Tecumseh engine?  The parts diagram for the model number does not list the engine brand or even a part number so I can look up the engine.

There should be a brand name and a model number on the engine.

To get an idea of what it takes to rebuild the carb go to YouTube and search for :snowblower carburetor rebuild".  There are a lot of videos covering this topic.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology